How do I import recipes from email?
I’ve been getting a lot of questions about the new email import feature. You can only import recipes from your friends and family that send it to you from their Recipe Book app, not just any recipe you have in your email. I have clarified the update language in iTunes, sorry for the confusion.
So – if you have the My Recipe Book app, and your friend also has it, and you want to share your favorite recipe you have already entered into your app, all you have to do is:
– Open the recipe card of the recipe you would like to email your friend
– Touch the arrow icon on the bottom of the recipe card
– Touch the Email button, and an email window will pop up
– Type in the email address of your friend, add a personal note if you would like, and hit send.
– When they get the recipe, they will see at the bottom of the recipe the instructions for how to import it into their app with the app importer. Those directions are below.
1. Tap and hold the image
2. Touch “save image” to save the image to your iPad
3. Tap here (there will be a link) to open the app importer
4. Once the app opens and imports the recipe, upload the picture you saved from the email
I hope you’re enjoying the update!